Today, I was sharing a post with my Family circle but 2 people of them were not using Google+. As usual, Google+ provided me an option to share the post via email, to that 2 people. Suddenly, my mind started to think in different direction. The direction of thinking was to Post the status update to my facebook wall from Google+!!
I knew that we can post status update on our facebook wall via email, but only theoretically! I started googling to know, how can I get my @facebook mail id to post on my facebook wall via email. Fortunately (Due to Google's blessings!) I found the way for it. That was enough for me, remaining steps I was already knowing.The steps to follow :
- Make sure you are logged in into both Google+ and Facebook account.
- Visit this page https://www.facebook.com/mobile/ and locate the Upload via email section near the lower section of the page. Click on the Send my upload email to me now link. You will receive your @facebook mail address on your registered mail id. Don't share this address with anyone.
- Copy the @facebook mail address that you see. We’ll be using this at Google+.
- Switch over Google+ and create a new circle. Name the circle anything you like. For the simplicity I named it as "Facebook Update".
- Next, Add a new person to the circle. First, paste (or type) the @facebook mail address in the email address filed and then input the name "Facebook" in the name field. We are not actually adding any person in this case, although Google+ will treat our Facebook profile as a separate person.
- Save the circle. We've finished! You should see a notification post your Facebook wall. Something like the following image.
- Navigate back to the Google+ home page, and type whatever you want as status update. When you are ready with your status update ADD THE NEW CIRCLE YOU CREATED to the list of people you wish to share the post with. You will notice a little section has appeared below, saying that it will email 1 person that isn’t on Google+. This is exactly what you want.
- Click the Send button. You're done!!! Check your facebook profile now.
Search Keywords :
- post status updates on facebook using Google+
- share on facebook via Google+
- update facebook status via google plus